Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Thanks: Day Eight: The United Kingdom

I am thankful for the United Kingdom.  Not only have I visited twice and loved the country itself, but the UK has produced some of my favorite things and people.  Doctor Who for one, which I explained in great detail a few days ago... (okay, I gushed a bit)  Also Charles Dickens, the Beatles, David Tennant, Cadbury chocolate, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Sherlock, Wordsworth, Shakespeare, James McAvoy,  C.S. Lewis, J.K. Rowling, Monty Python, The IT Crowd, Ewan McGregor, ... I could go on and on, but I think I've hit the high points.

The United Kindom is also the home of the best accents in the world.  I swear that an Irish accent will always make me smile, a Scottish accent will make me grin, and a British accent can make me melt.  The UK consistently produces great actors, great dramas, and great literature- all things that I love.   Add in great music and it's not hard to see why I'm thankful.

1 comment:

  1. But those bloody Redcoats fought your great-great-great...etc. grandfather and wanted to steal our money, take our property, and strip away our freedoms! Oh details, details... Well, all is forgiven and they do have cool new song artists.

    ReplyDelete